Without You

I took your pictures down. In the books, they cut out the other person, but I don't want to do that. Nothing personal. Just too much effort, and I don't care to have pictures of myself around. It's not about you at all.

I actually think I might fill the empty expanse of wall with art. It seems time to buy "real" art and pretend I'm an adult. Because isn't that something you said I needed to work on? Acting like an adult? I'll still be the same old me, but at least my walls will look grown up.

Maybe I should have let you keep the apartment so I could start fresh, but that doesn't make much sense because it was mine, and you moved in. How could you say I'm not an adult when you were couch surfing when we met? I didn't let you move in, it's more like I saved you from the streets. What a way to thank me.

Not that I need anything from you. Or want anything from you. If I could have my brain erased, I'd do it. Safe lobotomy? Sign me up. I want to forget you.

I want to forget who I was with you. Because who was that? Who lets someone move in just so they won't... move somewhere else?

Maybe I don't need to forget who I was with you. Maybe I need to discover who I can be without you.


243 words

Comments