C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips


I leave my bedroom window open when it rains because it reminds me of the clear night we went to the drive-in in your open-top Jeep.

We were parked beneath the stars one minute, drenched by rain the next. You turned to me, smiling, drenched, dripping, and in that moment, I knew this was it. Our first adventure paving the way for so many more.

We were always best together during the storms, as if unpredictable weather inspired calm between us.

I imagine sitting on the porch with you. The air is hot and heavy but we know the rain will come soon. There is tension all around us. My feet are bare because I want to walk through the grass when it's wet.

The thunder wakes me and I keep my eyes wide open to see the lightning flash. I am in bed alone but the storm is all I need.

152 words

Comments

  1. Ahh, memory, that sweet dream we often enters even with our eyes open.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment